Pyrénées, Point-to-Point, Sept 2019
The Velusso Pyrénées Point-to-Point is a fully supported traverse of the Pyrénées, from the Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea, over several mountain passes. A ride for the adventurous, for experiences that will live long in the memory.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Advanced
Group Size Medium Group
There’s only one thing better than riding in the Pyrénées, and that’s riding across them. The Pyrénées Point-to-Point harnesses everything we love about road cycling, and matches it with the sense of adventure that comes with riding point-to-point. The result is a truly epic week on the bike, dipping between France and Spain, over high mountain passes immortalised by both the Tour de France and Vuelta a España. A journey through culture, climate, language, and geography, the Pyrénées Point-to-Point is a road cycling adventure to remember.
- Average of 140km / 2,625m ascent per day.
- Ride leader, mechanic and support car in attendance for duration.
- Recovery massage and hand-picked hotels at the end of each day.
- Trip suitable for groups of friends, couples, or solo travellers.
- Bike rental
- Ride leader
- Support car in attendance for duration
- Full board
- Sports massage
- Return flights
- Travel insurance
- Fly or take a train to Biarritz where a team member welcomes you.
- Bike set-up and an afternoon spin.
- Accommodation: La Maison du Lierre ***.
- Biarritz – Oloron-Ste-Marie. 130 km / 3100 m.
- Accommodation: Hotel Alysson ***.
- Oloron-Ste-Marie – Saint-Savin. 110 km / 2700 m
- Accommodation: Aux Rochers **.
- Saint-Savin – Bagnères-De-Luchon. 110 km / 3350 m.
- Accommodation: Hotel Alti Luchon ****.
- Luchon – St-Girons. 130 km / 3100 m.
- Accommodation: Eychenne ***.
- St-Girons – Gincla. 170 km / 3300 m.
- Accommodation: Hostellerie du Grand Duc ***.
- Gincla – Collioure. 140 km / 2050 m.
- Accommodation: Collioure le Mas des Citronniers **.
- Transfer from the hotel to Perpignan airport or train station.
Each night is spent in a different hotel. We have selected the most suitable ones for this
trip, and they vary between ** to ****.
On arrival to each hotel, a staff member has already booked you in and taken your luggage
to your room.
The accommodation is single rooms as a standard, but if you’re travelling with a mate and
you would prefer to share a room, please get in touch.
We cater for all dietary requirements and ask guests to let us know their preferences before arrival.
The Velusso cycling holiday experience is for enthusiastic cyclists who enjoy having fun both on and off the bike. Riding with experienced Ride Leaders is the ideal way to explore new destinations.
There will always be a range of fitness levels and riding abilities within a group. Our Ride Leader will ensure that we accommodate these differences in our route planning, as best as possible. Nobody will be left behind, and groups will always reform at the top of climbs, as well as riding together at a steady pace on the flats.
Certain trips are more suitable for experience riders, whereas others are perfect for beginners. This is indicated by the difficulty rating in the Overview tab on each trip page. Ask our team for more details of which trip may be best for your riding level.