The Grand Départ
Belgium is the European heartland of cycling and with the 2019 Grand Départ being held in Brussels this year, and the new Velusso Store opening in Bruges this Spring, we did not want you to miss out. Introducing the Velusso Grand Départ to see the pros off.
We’ll be riding to Brussels with friends on a relaxed and partly supported ride. This two-night trip also pays a visit to the new Velusso Store in Bruges and takes in some of the classic climbs from the Spring Classics along the way.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCycling
Activity Level Intermediate
Group Size Medium Group
Join us as we ride over to Brussels for the start of the 2019 Tour de France, stopping at the Velusso Store Bruges along the way, while taking in some iconic Flandrian climbs along the way.
- Accommodation in a 3* and 4* hotel
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Ferry from UK to France
- Ride nutrition and drinks
- Ride Leader
- Luggage transfer
- Bike Transfer
- Airport transfers
- Return flights/train/ferry
- Travel Insurance
- Bike rental
- Access to any VIP area in Brussels
- Early depart from Velusso cafe in Ditchling. Grabbing a quick espresso and we’re on the road!
- Scenic ride across the AONB’s of High Weald and Kent Downs
- Check in to the ferry and lunch at the terminal
- Crossing the sea to Dunkirk
- Ride across the Belgian fields to Brugge
- Dinner at Velusso cafe in Brugge
- Energy boosting breakfast
- Not the most direct route to Brussels – we’ll be visiting some classic climbs from Tour of Flanders and Gent Wevelgem on the way there.
- Lunch on the road
- On arrival, packing the bikes to the van to return to UK
- Dinner in one of the Brussels restaurants
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Cheering the riders at the Grand Depart, and those who haven’t shipped their bikes back to UK can ride to see the race along the route
- Hotel check out is at 11:00
- Bikes can be picked up from Velusso cafe in Ditchling from Sunday afternoon
On Thursday we’re staying in Hotel Floris Karos *** conveniently in central Brugge.
On Friday we’re staying in Hotel Thon EU ****, which is a short walk away from the Grand Depart.
Accommodation is a shared twin room as a standard but single rooms are an option with a surcharge.
We cater for all dietary requirements and ask guests to let us know their preferences before arrival.
The Velusso cycling holiday experience is for enthusiastic cyclists who enjoy having fun both on and off the bike. Riding with experienced Ride Leaders is the ideal way to explore new destinations.
There will always be a range of fitness levels and riding abilities within a group. Our Ride Leader will ensure that we accommodate these differences in our route planning, as best as possible. Nobody will be left behind, and groups will always reform at the top of climbs, as well as riding together at a steady pace on the flats.
Certain trips are more suitable for experience riders, whereas others are perfect for beginners. This is indicated by the difficulty rating in the Overview tab on each trip page. Ask our team for more details of which trip may be best for your riding level.