Cycle Club des Cingles – Sept 2019
The Velusso Ventoux cycling holiday is a pilgrimage to one of the sport’s most iconic climbs: ‘The Giant of Provence’, Mont Ventoux. It’s one thing to climb it once, many can do it twice, but three times in 24 hours is a special kind of challenge. This trip does just that, and includes the registration to the exclusive Club des Cingles du Mont-Ventoux for those who finish the ride.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Advanced
Group Size Medium Group
Very few climbs are as well-known and romanticised as the legendary Mont Ventoux. An icon of the Tour de France since its first inclusion in 1958, the ‘Giant of Provence’, as it has come to be known, is a climb on the bucket list of any keen road cyclist. The barren, windswept mountain stands alone in the lavender fields and vineyards of surrounding Provence; it’s imposing, 1,912m stature providing a challenge that no rider can ignore.
To be accepted into the Club des Cingles du Mont-Ventoux one needs to climb the mountain from all three sides within a 24-hour period. On this trip, the guests tackle the climb at their own pace. With the support of a ride leader and a following car guests can focus just on the riding. We also take care of your registration for the challenge.
- Trip suitable for groups of friends, couples, or solo travellers.
- The maximum size group for this holiday is 7 riders.
- Bike rental
- Airport transfer
- Sports massage
- Ride leader and support car in attendance for duration of the challenge day.
- Two nights accommodation in a hotel conveniently located in Malaucene, in shared rooms.
- The cost includes the Cingles club registration fee.
- Breakfasts and a celebration dinner on Saturday are included.
- Return flights
- Travel insurance
- Arrival at the hotel late afternoon/evening.
- Meet and greet with ride guide.
- Bike set-up and a short ride if possible.
- Guests can enjoy an evening meal at the hotel or in Malaucene town.
- Energy boosting breakfast.
- Cingles challenge day, with ride leader and support car: 137 km / 4400 m.
- Celebration dinner.
- A morning ride taking in the more pleasant sides of Provence.
- Afternoon departure.
This trip is based in the charming B&B Le Pont de l’Orme in Malaucene. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, offering you the rest and relaxation after a long day in the saddle. Guests can enjoy dinner in the highly regarded restaurant combining traditional Provencal cuisine with an innovative touch, or walk a very short distance to the restaurants in Malaucene.
We cater for all dietary requirements and ask guests to let us know their preferences before arrival.
The Velusso cycling holiday experience is for enthusiastic cyclists who enjoy having fun both on and off the bike. Riding with experienced Ride Leaders is the ideal way to explore new destinations.
There will always be a range of fitness levels and riding abilities within a group. Our Ride Leader will ensure that we accommodate these differences in our route planning, as best as possible. Nobody will be left behind, and groups will always reform at the top of climbs, as well as riding together at a steady pace on the flats.
Certain trips are more suitable for experience riders, whereas others are perfect for beginners. This is indicated by the difficulty rating in the Overview tab on each trip page. Ask our team for more details of which trip may be best for your riding level.